[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 3.4.4 Release is now available

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed Sep 24 15:24:21 UTC 2014

On 09/24/2014 10:47 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 24/09/2014 16:37, Bob Doolittle ha scritto:
>> If that page *is* accurate, why is engine-setup required for upgrading a standalone engine?
> engine-setup is needed in order to upgrade the engine.
> I've updated a bit http://www.ovirt.org/Hosted_Engine_Howto#Upgrade_Hosted_Engine, hopefully should answer your questions.

I am using Fedora 19 for host and engine.

When I try to follow these instructions I get to the point of restarting
VDSM on the host, and get:

# service vdsm restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart  vdsm.service
Failed to issue method call: Unit vdsm.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status vdsm.service' for details.

VDSM was still running, but systemctl did not think so:

# systemctl stop vdsm
Failed to issue method call: Unit vdsm.service not loaded.

So instead at that point I shut down the engine (init 0) and rebooted
the engine-hosting host.

Things came up cleanly at that point.

-Bob