[ovirt-users] numa error after upgrading from 3.5rc2 to 3.5rc3

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 08:56:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think the default was changed to INTERLEAVE, because that is the value I see everywhere as preselected in the current 3.5 code.

This is the logic that governs if the select boxes are enabled:

if (getModel().getMigrationMode().getSelectedItem() != MigrationSupport.PINNED_TO_HOST ||
        getModel().getIsAutoAssign().getEntity() ||
        getModel().getDefaultHost().getSelectedItem() == null ||
        !getModel().getDefaultHost().getSelectedItem().isNumaSupport()) {
            enabled = false;
}

So it seems that the following conditions have to be satisfied for the select boxes to be enabled:

The VM has to be pinned to a NUMA host (check that please, it might allow you to update the values using UI).
Have the default host set (probably satisfied by the previous condition)
The host has to support NUMA

I am adding Gilad to CC as he knows the code. Unfortunately he will be available some time next week as they have a holiday season in Israel atm.

Regards

--
Martin Sivák
msivak at redhat.com