[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] Building vdsm within Fedora

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 09:42:41 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Live merge? The biggest problem with live merge is libvirt not qemu.

Anyway the qemu-kvm/qemu-kvm-rhev problem is relevant only for centos
and centos has a specific way to address these special needs:

http://www.centos.org/variants/

"""
A CentOS variant is a special edition of CentOS Linux that starts with
the core distribution, then replaces or supplements a specific subset of
packages. This may include replacing everything down to the kernel,
networking, and other subsystems.
"""

I think the plan was to have our own centos variant (shipping qemu-kvm-rhev).
I remember Doron participated to the centos meetings but I don't remember
the outcome.

--
Federico