[ovirt-users] [hosted-engine-ha] restart-loop

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Sat Sep 27 10:40:43 UTC 2014

Hello,

before filing a BZ against 3.4 branch I wanted to get some input on the
following issue:

Steps, root shell on one engine-ha hosts, using hosted-engine cmd:
1. set global maintenance
2. shutdown hosted-engine vm
(do some work)
3. disable global maintenance

Result: My engine was started and immediately powered down again, in a loop.
I could only manually brake this with:
1. enable global mt. gain
2. start engine
3. disable global mt.

I attached the hosts' engine-ha broker logs as well as agent logs, from
today 12:00  to 12:27, right after I 'fixed' this.
Note, the engine was started on nodehv02 automatically after i disabled
global mt. @ about 12:05

Thanks

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767