[ovirt-users] 3.4: VDSM Memory consumption

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 11:55:26 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hi Daniel,

there is indeed a memory profiling patch under discussion:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/32019/

but for your case we'll need a backport to 3.4.x and clearer install instructions,
which I'll prepare as soon as possible.

As for your question: if I understood correctly what you are asking
(still catching up the thread), if you are trying to rule out the stats polling
made by Engine to this bad leak, one simple way to test is just to shutdown Engine,
and let VDSMs run unguarded on hypervisors. You'll be able to command these
VDSMs using vdsClient or restarting Engine.

In absence of commands from Engine VDSM will just sit idle and it will not do
anything to VMs except it's own sampling.

If you are on IRC, on freenode/#vdsm or OFTC/#ovirt, please ping me anytime -
see my sign below for my IRC nickname.

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D