[ovirt-users] 3.4: VDSM Memory consumption

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Sep 29 12:54:13 UTC 2014

Hello Francesco,

On 29.09.2014 13:55, Francesco Romani wrote:
> [...]
I updated the BZ (and are now blocking 54321/tcp on one of my hosts).
and verified it is not reachable. As  general info: This system I am
using is my LAB / Test / eval setup for a final deployment for ovirt
(then 3.5) in production; so it will go away some time in the future (a
few weeks / months). If I am the only one experiencing this problem then
you might be better of allocating resources elsewhere ;)

> As for your question: if I understood correctly what you are asking
> (still catching up the thread), if you are trying to rule out the stats polling
> made by Engine to this bad leak, one simple way to test is just to shutdown Engine,
> and let VDSMs run unguarded on hypervisors. You'll be able to command these
> VDSMs using vdsClient or restarting Engine.
As I said in my BZ comment this is not an option right now, but if
understand the matter correctly IPTABLES reject should ultimately do the
same?

> In absence of commands from Engine VDSM will just sit idle and it will not do
> anything to VMs except it's own sampling.
>
> If you are on IRC, on freenode/#vdsm or OFTC/#ovirt, please ping me anytime -
> see my sign below for my IRC nickname.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767