[ovirt-users] RDMA-based Migration of Live Guests

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:00:54 UTC 2015

Hello,
I see a title as in subject on RH EL 7.1 release notes (and I presume the
same functionality to be inside the just released, right now in
respin/remirror, CentOS 7.1).
Description says:
The support for Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)-based migration has been
added to
libvirt. As a result, it is now possible to use the new rdma:// migration
URI to request migration
over RDMA, which allows for significantly shorter live migration of large
guests. Note that prior to
using RDMA-based migration, RDMA has to be configured and libvirt has to be
set up to use it.

What about enabling into oVirt too, via os support detection or something
similar?
Eventually in 3.6 and not in 3.5 trunk.
I didn't delve yet with it and its configuration, but I think it could be a
nice thing for oVirt.

Gianluca