[ovirt-users] virtual machine does not boot from its hard disk

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 2 16:28:53 UTC 2015

I have kickstarted my first CentOS 6 host under ovirt.  When it boots,
the VM tries to PXE boot again rather than going to the hard disk.

If I look under "Boot Options" in my VM, there's only:

   * First Device: Hard Disk
   * Second Device: [None]

If I  "Enable boot menu" then I can Hit F12 when the machine boots and
select the disk.

I suspect this is a bug, or am I missing something?

In addition, can you configure which of the network interface does PXE
boot? or ovirt will always try all of them until it finds one that
works?  It would seem natural to me to have another column under
"Network Interfaces" labelled "PXE" where you decide which of the
interfaces have PXE enabled.

Jason.