[ovirt-users] Anyone using YAML support in the RESTAPI?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 08:15:58 UTC 2015

On 04/02/2015 05:17 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:

> On 31/03/15 15:34, Juan Hernández wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone have a good reason to not remove the YAML support from the
>> RESTAPI? As far as I know it isn't used or tested in any reasonable way,
>> so I would like to remove it completely for 3.6. If anyone is using it
>> and can't move to JSON or XML please speak up.
>
> I didn't even _know_ there was YAML support.
> I don't use it atm, but what is the intention of removal?
> Code cleanup? can't this get auto generated?

The main reason is that currently we aren't maintaining or testing this
YAML support in any way, so unexpected issues will likely arise if
someone does. Thus I prefer to explicitly tell users to use one of the
two really supported media types (XML and JSON). It also helps clearing
a bit the code, but that is not a big concern.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain