[ovirt-users] cloud-init root password?

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Tue Apr 7 12:26:08 UTC 2015

   your mileage may vary!
   For example we use python api with cloud-init and template to reset root password (you can use for example command like this: "openssl rand -hex 10") and to configure network / configuration files and freeipa...
   > Michal, are you working with plain password or with salted hashed ones?
   > I had some experiment on hosted-engine with strange results on that.
   try to use python api  by passing:
   users=params.Users(user=[params.User(user_name="root", password=SPASSWORD)])
   have a look at python example on http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cloud-Init_Integration
   Best regards
   Amedeo