[ovirt-users] cloud-init root password?

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Tue Apr 7 12:54:35 UTC 2015

On 04/07/2015 02:26 PM, Amedeo Salvati wrote:
> your mileage may vary!
>
> For example we use python api with cloud-init and template to reset
> root password (you can use for example command like this: "openssl
> rand -hex 10") and to configure network / configuration files and
> freeipa...
>
> > Michal, are you working with plain password or with salted hashed ones?
> > I had some experiment on hosted-engine with strange results on that.
>
> try to use python api  by passing:
>
> users=params.Users(user=[params.User(user_name="root",
> password=SPASSWORD)])
>
> have a look at python example on
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cloud-Init_Integration
>
> Best regards
> Amedeo

Can this also be done with the REST-api? I see a <users> section in the
example on http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cloud-Init_Integration

           <users>
             <user>
               <user_name>root</user_name>
               <password>myPass</password>
             </user>
           </users>

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01