[ovirt-users] self hosted storage engine disaster recovery procedure

Ron V. ronvach at abacom.com
Tue Apr 7 15:53:39 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-04 17:13, Ron V. wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to document a disaster recovery mecanism using a full OS
> backup as well as a engine backup as described at
> http://www.ovirt.org/Ovirt-engine-backup
>
> I am unclear however how to prepare the existing iSCSI LUN to receive
> the data restore.  I am able to destroy the engine and the VMs continue
> to run, however I am unclear how I can free the host lock on that LUN,
> format it and re-install on it.  Is there a howto/document I can refer
> to in order to do this?

Anyone?

I have set aside ambitions to use the hosted engine, I was able to
restore a working engine on a seperate host, however now the engine has
the former iteration of itself listed in the VMs, and I can't delete it
as it is "not managed by the engine".

How can I delete the former hosted-engine from the list of VMs?

Thanks in advance,

Ron