[ovirt-users] RARP and Vlan problem

Pavel Gandalipov pgandalipov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:41:23 UTC 2015

Hello, we have logical cluster, that consists of two servers. Each server
connected to each of two switches.
On the server cluster we run the virtualization farm on which testing
virtual machine's migration. In our topology we separate servers's network
and virtual machines' network to vlan 3 and 4, respectively.
When we manually migrating VM that belongs to Vlan 4 from one host to
another we are loosing access to VM because although host sends RARP packet
it isn't updating arp table . So host belongs to another vlan then RARP
packet from host isn't updating arp entry of VM on the switch. And i have
no idea how to make it work.

Pavel Gandalipov