[ovirt-users] about testing scenario

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Apr 12 06:09:03 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Leandro Roggerone" <lroggerone at directvla.com.ar>
> To: "Yedidyah Bar David" <didi at redhat.com>
> Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:27:11 PM
> Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] about testing scenario
>
> Thanks Fabian !!
> One more question , about ntp.
> What is the best practice ?

I am not aware of a "best practice" ntp doc for ovirt.

There is plenty of information about this over the net, search e.g.
for "time sync in virtual machines" or something like that.

AFAIK, one thing you should not do, for the time being at least, is
assume that if you keep your hosts' clock synced, the VMs' will be too
automatically.

> I will need my VMs sincronized in time, and also the engine and the native
> hosts.
> How do you manage that ?
> Is there a ntdp runing on some VM isolated from the ntpd running in the
> engine ?

I think most people just treat VMs just as physical ones and run their
favorite ntp client everywhere, pointing both hosts and guests at their
organization's ntp server(s). That one (the organization's ntp server)
some people tend to put on physical hardware (not a VM), which I guess
makes some sense.

Best,
--
Didi