[ovirt-users] Clean up Hosted Engine entry in oVirt console

Eric Wong Eric.Wong at solvians.com
Wed Apr 15 07:41:08 UTC 2015

Hello oVirt Forum members:

We are currently using oVirt Version 3.5.0.1-1.el6.  We tried to migrate to use hosted-engine model.

Somehow the hosted-engine got created, but the migration failed.  So I ran engine-setup to remove the installation.  However, I am now leave with a VM entry in our oVirt console called HostedEngine.  Tried to remove the entry by clicking on the Remove button on the console gives a message:

Error while executing action:
HostedEngine:
Cannot remove VM. This VM is not managed by the engine.

As far as I can tell, all files that were touched by the hosted-engine are reverted back to before install state.  So I am not sure where that HostedEngine entry is coming from.  Is that a record in the database that I need to clean up manually from the db?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric