[ovirt-users] bonding interfaces

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Fri Apr 17 07:33:31 UTC 2015

On 04/16/2015 09:49 PM, Bill Dossett wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I had a Gluster Cluster running that I setup with oVirt engine… “had”
> being the operative word here.
>

> Today I connected the second network interface and then went to the
> host and tried to bond this interface to the ovirt mgmt. network… this
> is where the “had” part comes in ;-)
>

> Now I have no working interfaces at all, can’t ping in or out and all
> interfaces say they are down, en1, 2, ovrtmgmt and bond0 when I do an
> ip add (this is centos7)
>

> I have done this quite a few times on RHEV clusters and it always
> worked well, very impressed with it.
>

> The differences are…
>

> RHEV cluster I was using trunked ports and VLANS
>
> RHEV I was using 6.4 or 6.5 RHEL
>

> I think that’s it.
>

> I haven’t really dug into the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to see
> what normally goes into the config files to create a bonded interface
> – only to see how to configure my first interface with a vlan and then
> I let ovirtengine do the rest for me as it worked so wellI
>

> I guess I may have to rip it out and start over unless anyone has any
> tips on fixing it.  It’s just PoC anyway, so learning.
>

> Thanks

Which version of ovirt do you run? We had some of these problems in test
before, but since 3.5.2rc3 and CentOS 7.1 the problem has been resolved
for us.

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01