[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5 -- Domain questions

David Smith dsmith at mypchelp.com
Sat Apr 18 22:01:44 UTC 2015

welp there weren't any responses, but i was able to figure it out anyway.

For the master and secondary domain issue; it's as easy as moving all the
VMs you want off the master, then detaching it, the second domain becomes
the new master automatically.

For the Cluster A to B move; I shut down all the VMs, created a temporary
secondary data domain (with no data), then was able to put the master into
maintenance mode, detach it, and the temporary secondary data domain became
the new master.
I then attached Cluster A's old master domain to Cluster B, and was able to
bring up all the VMs immediately.  This whole process took less than an
hour, mostly because I spent time poking at stuff, but realistically took
just 15 mins.

I also learned a lot about moving VMs to a new NFS, first step being copy
all the templates and for thin clients their referenced disks to the new
NFS, then shut down the VMs and move their disks. All real easy through the
UI.