[ovirt-users] status of ovirt 3.5.1 with centos 7.1

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Apr 24 13:05:57 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Rik Theys <Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be> said:
> On 04/24/2015 05:40 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> >Hmm, I also have idrac7, but I only need lanplus.  It worked okay until
> >I upgraded the hosts to CentOS 7.1 this week.  I suspect something
> >changed in the resource agents and either vdsm was sending something
> >slightly wrong that no longer works, or there's a new bug in the
> >resource agents (since vdsm didn't change).
>
> Experienced a similar problem with an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 on my
> pacemaker cluster.
>
> This was fixed in fence-agents 4.0.11-11.el7_1 with
> RHBA-2015:0801-1[1] for me.
>
> Maybe you need to apply the latest fence-agents update?

That's the build I'm running (from CentOS).  When I was testing this at
the initial problem, it appeared that the "lanplus" option (the only
option I'm setting) was not being handled by fence_ipmilan.  I could see
it running ipmitool with "-I lan", not "-I lanplus".  My posted hack of
a script force-added "lanplus" to the input of fence_ipmilan, and then
it worked.

I checked the vdsm log, and it is passing the correct options:

Thread-2372::DEBUG::2015-04-20 17:39:08,248::API::1209::vds::(fenceNode) fenceNode(addr=10.0.9.19,port=,agent=ipmilan,user=root,passwd=XXXX,action=status,secure=False,options=lanplus,policy=None)

I need to do some more debugging to see the source of the problem (just
haven't had time yet).
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>