[ovirt-users] Migrating to a Hosted Engine does not work as expected. Cluster name/id problem?

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 16:59:46 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The issue seams to be there:
2015-04-23 15:53:27 ERROR otopi.plugins.ovirt_hosted_engine_setup.engine.add_host add_host._wait_host_ready:239 Timed out while waiting for host to start. Please check the logs.
2015-04-23 15:53:27 ERROR otopi.plugins.ovirt_hosted_engine_setup.engine.add_host add_host._closeup:458 Unable to add srv-rhevbh-no01 to the manager

Your engine VM wasn't able to deploy the host.
Could you please check host-deploy logs on the engine VM?

Was that VM able to resolve and connect to srv-rhevbh-no01?

> Again about the docs: I believe I will request a wiki editor account
> if you guys are accepting. I noted a few points of confusion where I
> had to do a lot of guess work - an example is the storage domain for
> the hosted engine, it took me quite a bit of guessing to find out it
> was a separate domain =D

Yes, any contribution is welcome!