[ovirt-users] Ovirt Backup Solution

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 06:08:47 UTC 2015

On 04/22/2015 04:13 PM, Roy Sandbergen - Webguru wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have installed 2 (physical) Ovirt servers. Ovirtserver1 and
> Ovirtserver2.
>
> At this moment i export the VM to the NFS Export Domain on
> Ovirtserver1. Detach the Export Domain and user rsync to backup the
> data to the NFS Export Domain on Ovirtserver2.
>
> In ovirtserver2 i import that domain and i can restore VM.
>
> A lot of manuel work to backup the VM from Ovirtserver1 to Ovirtserver2.
>
> Is there a better way to automated backup (live) VM from ovirt server1
> to ovirtserver2

If you are using ovirt 3.5 you can just rsync/backup you're storage
domain and import it with its VMs it to a ovirtserver2 in case of
failure at server 1.

Might be helpful to look here as well:

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/ImportStorageDomain
http://www.slideshare.net/AllonMureinik/dev-conf-ovirt-dr