[ovirt-users] oVirt HA.

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Wed Apr 29 10:56:24 UTC 2015

On 29/04/15 10:48, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:

> If ovirt-engine restarts this does not mean that you have a downtime in
> your service.
> The VMs and nodes already running will not be affected...
>
> So your infrastructure will still be operational while you restart the
> engine.

Of course, but all operations federated through the engine will have a
downtime.
these are: starting, (hard)stopping, deleting, creating vms, etc.

furthermore regarding hosted-engine: you don't just have to wait
for the service to restart (that's almost always a matter of seconds)
but for the whole vm to boot, which takes much more time and more
things can go wrong during this process.

So I think there is still room for improvement.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen