[ovirt-users] All in one question

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 06:38:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Neil <nwilson123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mathew,
>
> Wow, thank you very much for the quick response!
>
> I've gone ahead and tried to do what you've suggested, but I'm a bit
> confused as to how the storage is going to work...
>
> If I add the storage domain on the Local datacenter, then I can only
> choose local_storage and then when I try add this storage as NFS, ovirt
> says the storage domain isn't empty (which it isn't) so I'm confused as to
> how both hosts will work together on the same storage domain?
>
> All I'm wanting to achieve is a two host cluster with NFS storage from one
> host, is it not over complicating things using the AllinOne installation?

All-in-one is using local storage, not shared storage. So you can't use the
local unshared data domain for a second host.
You may want to move the host to maintenace, detach it from
local_datacenter, attach it to default, create a nfs data domain and attach
it to default and then add a second host there.
Or you may explore Hosted Engine solution.

> Thank you, and apologies if I've perhaps misunderstood.
>
> Regards.
>
> Neil Wilson.
>

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Matthew Lagoe <matthew.lagoe at subrigo.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Since the storage is NFS it really doesn’t matter where it is located at
>> so long as all hosts can talk to it via ip
>>

>> Basically if you have the nfs storage locally or otherwise you can simply
>> add another host to the datacenter and then you should be able to use the
>> storage across the new host
>>

>> Keep in mind you will need to make it so the external host is able to
>> access the nfs share

Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com