[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine on SAS storage array

Jiri Belka jbelka at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 11:43:06 UTC 2015

Does 'SAS storage array' means serial-attached scsi disks which
are located out of your engine box?

If so then it would be (from OS perspective) a DAS (direct attached
storage), wouldn't it?

Local storage is not helpful if you want to use multiple hosts.
Or at least I'm not aware of any solution for sharing DAS.

If 'SAS storage array' means some reservation via SCSI commands
whic is supported by storage box, then I would say - no it's
not supported.

But I could be mistaken.

j.