[ovirt-users] VM time offset

Aslam, Usman Usman.Aslam at tufts.edu
Fri Aug 7 21:22:34 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue where the VMs do not keep correct time upon reboot. The clock is always off by ~4 hours.
I've checked and time and time zone on engine/host nodes is correct. Correct time zone is specified in the ovirt vm configuration as well.

The VM in question is a clean CentOS 7 install. It did not have NTP enabled. I've tried setting it up with a local server and no dice. Upon reboot it always gets messed up.

[root at xyz-dev ~]# date
Fri Aug  7 17:18:09 EDT 2015
[root at xyz-dev ~]# reboot
Connection to sso-dev closed by remote host.

[root at xyz-dev ~]# date
Fri Aug  7 13:20:47 EDT 2015
[root at xyz-dev ~]# ntpdate ntp1.xyz.domain.org
 7 Aug 17:21:05 ntpdate[2151]: step time server 130.64.25.6 offset 14410.388931 sec

Thanks,
--Usman