[ovirt-users] Failed to Reconstruct Master Domain for Data Center

Will K yetanotherwill at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 22:07:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,
Yes, I got this failed to active master storage domain issue.  I'm sort of not sure where to start after a few attempts and many google results. Is a good lead on how to troubleshoot this master storage failed to start issue?
I have a 2 node ovirt setup. It is a simple setup with GlusterFS with  one volume only. Both nodes were put to "maintenance mode" before reboot.  After reboot, I checked the followings were all up:vdsmd, ovirt-engine, ovirt-websocket-proxy, nfs, nfslock, glusterd, glusterfsd
I can reach to both nodes and I can activate them in overt. however, the master storage can't be activated.

I tried to start with just node1. It worked fine and storage domain was up.  But once I booted up and activated node2, the NFS export domain just fails followed by the Master domain failure.
Any suggestion where to start?
Will