[ovirt-users] iSCSI question... LUNS->Targets balnk

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Mon Aug 10 17:18:30 UTC 2015

Quoting "Donny Davis" <donny at cloudspin.me>:

> tail -f /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log
>
> Then then go through the connect sequence. You should get a better idea.

It shows a successful connect, but keeps trying to do a scan.  About
every 30 seconds, the following entry shows up:

--- START ---
Thread-12294::DEBUG::2015-08-10
10:13:09,286::misc::741::Storage.SamplingMethod::(__call__) Trying to
enter sampling method (storage.iscsi.rescan)
Thread-12294::DEBUG::2015-08-10
10:13:09,286::iscsi::424::Storage.ISCSI::(rescan) Performing SCSI
scan, this will take up to 30 seconds
Thread-12294::DEBUG::2015-08-10
10:13:09,286::iscsiadm::97::Storage.Misc.excCmd::(_runCmd)
/usr/bin/sudo -n /sbin/iscsiadm -m session -R (cwd None)
--- END ---

so it seems it never quite finished the scan.

> Did you put any acls on the iscsi mount to allow the hosts to connect?

I did.  I was able to get my oVirt host's iSCSI Initiator Name from
it's "General" tab/page "System > Hosts", and created the ACL for it
in "targetcli":

-- START ---
cd
/iscsi/iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi.yvr001svr01.x8664:sn.33a56c3324e0/tpg1/acls
create iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:ba4cc8b3368e
--- END ---

The output indicated that the ACL was created and mapped to LUN 0.  I
ran the exact same command for my Win 7 PC (using it's iSCSI Initiator
Name, of course).

I did not setup any sort of CHAP authentication.

There is one thing I have noticed in viewing my /var/log/messages on
my host/storage that may have an effect.  As you may or may not know,
I am running a single-server with hosted engine.  My storage is also
on this server.

What I have noticed is that my host/storage server is mounting the
iSCSI target automatically as '/dev/sdd', so I am not sure if that may
be affecting oVirt's ability to scan, if it is already connected to by
the very same host?

(I hope this makes sense?  If not, let me know and I can try to answer
your questions better)