[ovirt-users] vdsm keeps removing BOOTPROTO=dhcp from ifcfg-ovirtmgmt

Ondřej Svoboda ondrej at svobodasoft.cz
Tue Aug 11 12:06:36 UTC 2015

Ahoj Kubo,

would you try running 'sudo vdsClient -s 0 setSafeNetworkConfig' right
after restarting the network service? I think your configuration needs
be persisted in VDSM's network persistence so it is restored (with the
same configuration) on startup.

Anyway, VDSM should be used to configure networks (directly using
vdsClient or indirectly through oVirt engine or via other means -- RPC).
Your network may be configured by running (assuming your NIC is eth0):

vdsClient -s 0 setupNetworks
'networks={ovirtmgmt:{nic:eth0,bootproto:dhcp,blockingdhcp:true,bridged:true,stp:false,defaultRoute:false}}'

If this doesn't help please attach /var/log/vdsm/supervdsm.log or file a
bug with myself as the assignee :-)

Thanks,
Ondra