[ovirt-users] Ovirt/Gluster

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Thu Aug 20 08:44:35 UTC 2015

On 08/19/2015 09:04 AM, Ravishankar N wrote:

> On 08/18/2015 04:22 PM, Ramesh Nachimuthu wrote:
>> + Ravi from gluster.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ramesh

glusterfs-3.7.3-1.el7.x86_64
vdsm-4.16.20-0.el7.centos.x86_64
ovirt-engine-3.5.3.1-1.el7.centos.noarch

>> Now when I start the VM all is good, performance is good enough so we
>> are happy. I then start bonnie++ to generate some load. I have a VM
>> running on host 1, host 2 is SPM and all 3 VM's are seeing some network
>> traffic courtesy of gluster.
>>
>> Now, for fun, suddenly the network on host3 goes bad (iptables -I OUTPUT
>> -m statistic --mode random --probability 0.75 -j REJECT).
>> Some time later I see the guest has a small "hickup", I'm guessing that
>> is when gluster decides host 3 is not allowed to play anymore. No big
>> deal anyway.
>> After a while 25% of packages just isn't good enough for Ovirt anymore,
>> so the host will be fenced.
>
> I'm not sure what fencing means w.r.t ovirt and what it actually
> fences. As far is gluster is concerned, since only one node is
> blocked, the VM image should still be accessible by the VM running on
> host1.
Fencing means (at least in this case) that the IPMI of the server does a
power reset.
>> After a reboot *sometimes* the VM will be
>> paused, and even after the gluster self-heal is complete it can not be
>> unpaused, has to be restarted.
>
> Could you provide the gluster mount (fuse?) logs and the brick logs of
> all 3 nodes when the VM is paused? That should give us some clue.

Logs are attached. Problem was at around 8:15 - 8:20 UTC
This time however the vm stopped even without a reboot of hyp03