[ovirt-users] Ovirt/Gluster

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 07:28:25 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 02:14 PM, Sander Hoentjen wrote:

> On 08/19/2015 09:04 AM, Ravishankar N wrote:
>>

>> On 08/18/2015 04:22 PM, Ramesh Nachimuthu wrote:
>>> + Ravi from gluster.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ramesh

The mount logs  (rhev-data-center-mnt-glusterSD*) are indicating
frequent disconnects to the bricks  with 'clnt_ping_timer_expired',
'Client-quorum is not met' and 'Read-only file system' messages.
client-quorum is enabled by default for replica 3 volumes. So if the
mount cannot connect to 2 bricks at least, quorum is lost and the
gluster volume becomes read-only. That seems to be the reason why the
VMs are pausing.
I'm not sure if the frequent disconnects are due a flaky network or the
bricks not responding to the mount's ping timer due to it's epoll
threads busy with I/O (unlikely). Can you also share the output of
`gluster volume info <volname>` ?

Regards,
Ravi