[ovirt-users] Moving HostedEngine from one Cluster to another

Groten, Ryan Ryan.Groten at stantec.com
Tue Aug 25 14:14:37 UTC 2015

My HostedEngine exists in the Default cluster, but since I'm upgrading my hosts to RHEL7 I created a new Cluster and migrated all the VMs to it (including HostedEngine).  However in the GUI VM Tab HostedEngine still appears as in the Default Cluster.  Because of this I can't remove this cluster (it thinks there's a VM in it) even though there are no more hosts or VMs in it.

I also can't change the cluster of HostedEngine, it says "Cannot edit VM Cluster.  This VM is not managed by the engine".

Thanks,
Ryan