[ovirt-users] Feature request: add stateless option in VM pool configuration

Omer Frenkel ofrenkel at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 14:39:41 UTC 2015

maybe can you explain more about your use-case?
in general vms in vm-pool are all stateless,
they are meant to be used by users from user portal,
that 'take a vm from pool', use it for anything, and when 'returned to pool'
the state is wiped.

currently there is no way for admin to take vms from the web admin

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Steve Dainard <sdainard at spd1.com> wrote:

> I should also mention that I can't start multiple pool VM's at the
> same time with run-once from the admin portal, so I'd have to
> individually run once each VM which is a member of the pool.

​vm-pool has option for 'pre-started' vms, you can set amount of vms that
will be running and ready to be taken by users, this helps?​