[ovirt-users] searching vm disks according to vm tags

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Sun Aug 30 14:05:22 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Currently the Disks TAB in webadmin does not support searching by tag, you may open a RFE for that

> I am trying this: I have about 50 vms with disks on different storages. I
> have tagged some from this vms by tag "migrate_to_new_storage" and then I
> would like to move all appropriate disks to new storage. It seems it is not
> possible from manager (in simple way - it looks like I have to filter vms
> by tag, then click on every of them, choose disks tab, select them, click
> move,...).
>
> It would also be nice to have possibility to filter by tags also with
> boolean operator "AND" and not just "OR".

There is already a RFE for that
For doing so we should add a TAB in the webadmin for Tags that will enable that
The challenge is that the result can be mixed entities (hosts, vms etc...), not trivial to display in one result list ...