[ovirt-users] Ovirt Engine Issue

Melissa Mesler melissa at aasteel.com
Sun Dec 6 22:09:24 UTC 2015

Hopefully someone can give me a good idea of how to troubleshoot an
ovirt issue. I am running 3.5 on CentOS 6.7. Here is the issue I'm
having. I have Ovirt running as a virtual machine in KVM. I recently
moved (with virtsync) the vm to rebuild the host. Once the host was
rebuilt I moved ovirt back. Now ovirt-engine starts but is inaccessible.
In the logs it says this:

2015-12-06 15:57:24,558 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.Backend] (MSC
service thread 1-2) Error in getting DB connection. The database is
inaccessible. Original exception is: DataAccessResourceFailureException:
Error retreiving database metadata; nested exception is
org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Could not get
Connection for extracting meta data; nested exception is
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get
JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException:
javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ000453: Unable to get managed
connection for java:/ENGINEDataSource

I did notice that I can't get postgresql to start. Everything worked
perfectly fine before. Any ideas?

--
Melissa Mesler