[ovirt-users] Server dont work after Host setting

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 09:21:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Taste-Of-IT <kontakt at taste-of-it.de> wrote:
> Am 2015-12-07 08:06, schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Taste-Of-IT <kontakt at taste-of-it.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> i am new with ovirt and i installed ovirt engine 3.6 on centos 7. After
>>> first login i create the host with fqdn of ovirt server but without
>>> powersavesettings. Firt i saw installing as status for host, but after a
>>> while nothing happend, I reboot the server. In engine.log i see "VMs
>>> initialization finished for Host", but i cant open the webgui. What can i
>>> do? Where can i look to find the error and what have i done wrong?
>>

>> If host-deploy managed to finish, you can see its log in [1]. Otherwise
>> please try to (re)install the host.
>>
>> [1] /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/
>>
>> Best,
>

> Hi Didi,
> ok i will have a closer look into the log. Actuall the WebGUI doesnt load,
> services are up and running. How can i reinstall the host? Via cli? Or do
> you mean the hostsystem with installed ovirt engine? thx

Not sure I follow.

The engine runs on some machine, let's call it "the engine machine".
If it's a self-hosted-engine, it's running inside a VM managed by itself.
Otherwise it's running elsewhere (on some physical machine, or some other
VM).

A "Host", in ovirt terminology, is where VMs run.

Now please describe what you did, what you now try to do that doesn't
work, and what you can find in logs that might be related.

If you can't access the web admin ui, that's a completely different
problem than if you can't add a host to the engine.

Best,
--
Didi