[ovirt-users] Server dont work after Host setting

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Mon Dec 7 09:34:49 UTC 2015

Am 2015-12-07 10:21, schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Taste-Of-IT <kontakt at taste-of-it.de>
> wrote:
>> Am 2015-12-07 08:06, schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:

>>> If host-deploy managed to finish, you can see its log in [1].
>>> Otherwise
>>> please try to (re)install the host.
>>>
>>> [1] /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/
>>>
>>> Best,
>>

>> Hi Didi,
>> ok i will have a closer look into the log. Actuall the WebGUI doesnt
>> load,
>> services are up and running. How can i reinstall the host? Via cli? Or
>> do
>> you mean the hostsystem with installed ovirt engine? thx
>
> Not sure I follow.
>
> The engine runs on some machine, let's call it "the engine machine".
> If it's a self-hosted-engine, it's running inside a VM managed by
> itself.
> Otherwise it's running elsewhere (on some physical machine, or some
> other
> VM).
>
> A "Host", in ovirt terminology, is where VMs run.
>
> Now please describe what you did, what you now try to do that doesn't
> work, and what you can find in logs that might be related.
>
> If you can't access the web admin ui, that's a completely different
> problem than if you can't add a host to the engine.
>
> Best,

Hi Didi,
as far i understand there are to ways to setup ovirt. One as self-hosted
enginge for ha and with ovirt host in vm on storage and hosted engine
where all runs on the same host. So i setup hosted engine on same
machine and in installation process i setup iso_domain via nfs too. i
have done nothing more yet. so as i can see and read from the manual i
now have to setup the host, than network and than data domain and so on.
now i setup the host and say new, put a name inside and the fqdn of the
initial host of host engine like myserver.com. after that i saw the
progress which says "installing.." i wait several minutes and after that
i got network time out and cant enter the webgui. hope that helps