[ovirt-users] CentOS 7.1 and virt-v2v

CLSA Mcmaster clsamcmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:19:07 UTC 2015

Greetings

I am new to both CentOS and oVirt. I have been hoping to migrate some
virtual machines from VMware to oVirt and I have hit a wall.

CentOS 7.1 does not include the tool virt-v2v with the libguestfs-tools
package. I have enabled the CR repository and upgraded but no luck. I have
attempted to compile but the dependency whack-a-mole process wore me down
and I eventually hot another wall with supermin not being "new enough". I
tried to compile that and ran into more dependency issues.

Frankly, I am at the point of throwing in the towel but I'm hoping someone
can offer advise or insight on obtaining the tool through other means. I
would also be open to importing guests through another method. For example,
the oVirt interface has a utility to import OVA files. Is that VMware
created OVA files? The dialogue has host and path. Is the path to be on the
host or the engine? Can it be any path?

Thank you in advance for any support offered.

Sean.