[ovirt-users] hot plug memory in el7

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Tue Dec 8 00:03:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I may miss something but according to
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Hot_Plug_Memory, ovirt 3.6 was supposed to
support the hot plug memory feature. Nothing happens in reality when
increasing memory on a running vm with centos7.
I found this :
http://lists.ovirt.orgpipermail/kimchi-devel/2015-June/010714.html, and
it seems that el7.1 can't support the feature because of its libvirt
version (1.2.8) while the required one is 1.2.14.
I didn't test, but I guess F22 supports it.
Is there any chance that el7.2 would support it with a backported libvirtd?
Or will a dedicated libvirt rhev package be released so as the
downstream to support it (like qemu-kvm for live snapshot some time ago)?
Documentation and limitation of the libvirt version for hot plug memory
are difficult to find in the ovirt wiki and more generally on the web.
Maybe the feature has been postponed to a 3.6.z release?
Thank you for your help