[ovirt-users] hot plug memory in el7

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 17:00:50 UTC 2015

> On 09 Dec 2015, at 17:54, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanchet at abes.fr> wrote:
>

> Le 09/12/2015 17:12, Michal Skrivanek a écrit :

>>> Hello, no qemu-kvm-ev 2.3 is not enough:
>>> [root at fuji ~]# qemu-img --version
>>> qemu-img version 2.3.0 (qemu-kvm-ev-2.3.0-29.1.el7), Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Fabrice Bellard
>>> and
>>> vdsm-4.17.10.1-0.el7.centos.noarch
>>>
>>> I get this error message each time I try to hot add memory :
>>> Dec  9 11:18:00 fuji journal: unsupported configuration: unknown device type ‘memory'
>>
>> was the VM started in a 3.6 cluster?
> sure, on a full 3.6 cluster. I stopped/restarted them. I restarted vdsmd and libvirtd

ok..and just for the sake of completeness - what is libvirt version exactly? If you’re running <1.2.14 then your initial comment make a lot of sense….
Yes, el7.2 has the right one (1.2.17) but even on 7.1 it should support it and if it doesn’t it’s our problem we should fix in ovirt (similarly as we solve qemu by shipping it ourselves)

>> Or how/when did you create it?
> those vms have been created before uprading to 3.6, some of them from a blank template, other one based on a el7 template.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> michal
>>

>>> I tried to restart vdsmd but it is the same, even on other hosts.
>>>
>>> any help will be appreciated, thank you.

>>> --
>>> Nathanaël Blanchet
>>>
>>> Supervision réseau
>>> Pôle Infrastrutures Informatiques