[ovirt-users] Auto Provisioning using Ovirt API's or scripts

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 13:39:39 UTC 2015

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 02:02:13 PM Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi Virat,
>
> You can get the ovirt-node iso from this url :-
>
> http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/node-base/ or
> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-node-base-stable/
>
> For Auto provisioning and Scheduling of the VM,you need to right your own
> function with the help of ovirt API..

Obviously I don't understand your use case, but it might be possible that VM
pools will do what you want? Basically you create a VM template, and create a
pool from that. You specify how many 'hot' VMs you want and how large the pool
should be. Once you get at or close the number of used VMs it starts new ones
up to the limit of the pool.