[ovirt-users] hot plug memory in el7

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:12:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Michal Skrivanek <mskrivan at redhat.com>
wrote:

> great!
> with 7.2 it should be automatic. I think with Windows it works
> automatically as well.

In the mean time I tested how to make it automatic also in my CentOS 7.1
guest.

I temporarily added this rule
inside /lib/udev/rules.d/55-ovirt-guest-agent.rules (but it could have also
been a plain new file for that matter):

SUBSYSTEM=="memory", ACTION=="add", TEST=="state", ATTR{state}=="offline",
ATTR{state}="online"

With this row the addition is automatically intercepted and applied from
the OS too.
Tested changing from 8Gb to 10Gb of ram.

I'm not an udev guru.... I took inspiration form the already set up file
for cpu adition in 40-redhat.rules file.. ;-)

So perhaps the only change in 7.2 is an addition like mine in
40-redhat.rules?

> Questions:
> 1) which component to bugzilla against for message confusing window of the
> gui?
>

> doesn’t matter much, ovirt-engine, frontend.

Ok, I'll do