[ovirt-users] [Rest API / Python SDK] Setting VM Video Type

Ollie Armstrong ollie at fubra.com
Fri Dec 11 12:51:56 UTC 2015

On 11 December 2015 at 12:04, Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:
> What version of the engine are you using? Can you share the script that
> you are using to try to change the display type?
>
> In version 3.6 of then engine a new "/vm/{vm:id}/graphicsconsoles"
> service has been added that allows you to add/remove graphics consoles.
> For example, if you want to add VNC and SPICE as protocols you can do
> the following:

Thanks, Juan.  I didn't see that method.

I've tried to use your suggested script and I get a 500 error back
from the server.  The /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log shows the
reason to be 'Mapping exception while processing "POST" request for
path "/vms/361e911f-8d6d-479e-b399-526507f24dea/graphicsconsoles"'.
Any idea why I would be getting that?

The script I'm using is: http://ix.io/mKv