[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6 and CentOS 7

ovirt at timmi.org ovirt at timmi.org
Sun Dec 13 10:57:52 UTC 2015

Hi oVirt users,

since a couple of days I'm struggling to install oVirt 3.6 on a CentOS 7
server.

Here are the steps I have done to get oVirt 3.6 engine on the host.

1. Install minimal CentOS
2. update to latest version (yum update)
3. install oVirt 3.6 (yum install ovirt-engine)
4. start rpcbind (systemctl start rpcbind)
5. run engine-setup

--== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--

           Application mode                        : both
           Default SAN wipe after delete           : False
           Firewall manager                        : firewalld
           Update Firewall                         : True
           Host FQDN                               : hostname.localdomain
           Engine database secured connection      : False
           Engine database host                    : localhost
           Engine database user name               : engine
           Engine database name                    : engine
           Engine database port                    : 5432
           Engine database host name validation    : False
           Engine installation                     : True
           NFS setup                               : True
           PKI organization                        : Me
           NFS export ACL                          : 192.168.1.0/24(rw)
           NFS mount point                         : /home/iso
           Configure local Engine database         : True
           Set application as default page         : True
           Configure Apache SSL                    : True
           Configure VMConsole Proxy               : True
           Engine Host FQDN                        : hostname.localdomain
           Configure WebSocket Proxy               : True

After the successful installation of the engine I logged into the admin
portal to add the host to the data center.

Here I entered in the following issue:
Adding the host never was successful. I found out that the firewalld was
always stopped and disabled during that process. A manual start of the
firewalld was allowing me to continue.

After that I was able to add the storage to the server.

Now I thought I will be able to install a VM into the host but it looks
like that something else is missing.
I have no options in the drop-down boxes of cluster, templates and OS.

Is anyone able to help me here?

Please note that this is my first oVirt installation.

Best regards and thx
Christoph