[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6 and CentOS 7

ovirt at timmi.org ovirt at timmi.org
Sun Dec 13 16:02:33 UTC 2015

Am 13.12.2015 um 12:52 schrieb Taste-Of-IT:
> Am 2015-12-13 11:57, schrieb ovirt at timmi.org:
>> Hi oVirt users,
>>
>> since a couple of days I'm struggling to install oVirt 3.6 on a
>> CentOS 7 server.
>>
>> Here are the steps I have done to get oVirt 3.6 engine on the host.
>>
>> 1. Install minimal CentOS
>> 2. update to latest version (yum update)
>> 3. install oVirt 3.6 (yum install ovirt-engine)
>> 4. start rpcbind (systemctl start rpcbind)
>> 5. run engine-setup
>>
>> --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--
>>                    Application mode                        : both
>>           Default SAN wipe after delete           : False
>>           Firewall manager                        : firewalld
>>           Update Firewall                         : True
>>           Host FQDN                               : hostname.localdomain
>>           Engine database secured connection      : False
>>           Engine database host                    : localhost
>>           Engine database user name               : engine
>>           Engine database name                    : engine
>>           Engine database port                    : 5432
>>           Engine database host name validation    : False
>>           Engine installation                     : True
>>           NFS setup                               : True
>>           PKI organization                        : Me
>>           NFS export ACL                          : 192.168.1.0/24(rw)
>>           NFS mount point                         : /home/iso
>>           Configure local Engine database         : True
>>           Set application as default page         : True
>>           Configure Apache SSL                    : True
>>           Configure VMConsole Proxy               : True
>>           Engine Host FQDN                        : hostname.localdomain
>>           Configure WebSocket Proxy               : True
>>
>> After the successful installation of the engine I logged into the
>> admin portal to add the host to the data center.
>>
>> Here I entered in the following issue:
>> Adding the host never was successful. I found out that the firewalld
>> was always stopped and disabled during that process. A manual start of
>> the firewalld was allowing me to continue.
>>
>> After that I was able to add the storage to the server.
>>
>> Now I thought I will be able to install a VM into the host but it
>> looks like that something else is missing.
>> I have no options in the drop-down boxes of cluster, templates and OS.
>>
>> Is anyone able to help me here?
>>
>> Please note that this is my first oVirt installation.
>>
>> Best regards and thx
>> Christoph

> Hello Christoph,
> i got the same problems. NFS Domain wanted to go up and the Host
> doesnt work to. I now used this tutorial and dont setup nfs domain
> while installation. I setup all nfs shares before and after all, like
> described in the howto, it works.
>
> http://taste-of-it.de/ovirt-all-in-one-installation-auf-centos-7/
>
> Hope i could help.

Hi,

thank you for the fast response. I tried it and now I'm able to create
VMs in the local_datacenter.
Currently I have a ISO_DOMAIN and a local storage for the VMs.

I just tried to install a smal CentOS guest but I receive the following
error while starting it:
Error while executing action:

Test_VM:
General command validation failure.