[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6 and CentOS 7

Nic Seltzer nseltzer at riotgames.com
Sun Dec 13 18:22:34 UTC 2015

Hey there,

You should be able to find out more specific details about the error itself
in /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log. If you want to tail out the log, retry the
creation, and send that excerpt to the list, I'd be happy to take a look.

ns

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Taste-Of-IT <kontakt at taste-of-it.de> wrote:

> Am 2015-12-13 17:02, schrieb ovirt at timmi.org:

>>> Hello Christoph,
>>> i got the same problems. NFS Domain wanted to go up and the Host doesnt
>>> work to. I now used this tutorial and dont setup nfs domain while
>>> installation. I setup all nfs shares before and after all, like described
>>> in the howto, it works.
>>>
>>> http://taste-of-it.de/ovirt-all-in-one-installation-auf-centos-7/
>>>
>>> Hope i could help.
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> thank you for the fast response. I tried it and now I'm able to create
>> VMs in the local_datacenter.
>> Currently I have a ISO_DOMAIN and a local storage for the VMs.
>>
>> I just tried to install a smal CentOS guest but I receive the
>> following error while starting it:
>> Error while executing action:
>>
>> Test_VM:
>> General command validation failure.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Christoph
>>

> Hi Christoph,
>
> nice to read that it work now. My problem is actually that i couldnt
> install any vn when using the console while spice is not installed and the
> virt-viewer shows only bios version and no media. Perhaps some other can
> help...

Nic Seltzer
Esports Tech | Riot Games
Cell: +1.402.431.2642 | NA Summoner: Riot Dankeboop
http://www.riotgames.com
http://www.leagueoflegends.com