[ovirt-users] hosted-engine --deploy using vmfex, not bridged mode ?

David LeVene David.LeVene at blackboard.com
Mon Dec 14 01:23:46 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I'm starting to review/test ovirt to see if its suitable to use in our organisation. I'm following some guides but I'm having trouble with the hosted-engine --deploy section.

I want to use VM-FEX to setup this initial host, as when I go bridged mode it breaks the networking on the host and I am unable to configure/correctly setup everything.

Is there a way I can perform the hosted-engine setup using this method of telling it to use a vm-fex defined network pool? I might need to configure this myself before running hosted-engine deploy.. which is fine but I can't touch or edit the virsh settings as there's a password - and I'm not sure how to get that to modify the networking myself after the initial setup.

FYI - this is the guide I'm following, as we are interested in the gluster replication (http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/10/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-5/)

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated.

Regards
David
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in error.