[ovirt-users] [QE] oVirt 3.6.1 Hosted Engine test day

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 10:06:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Welcome to the Hosted Engine test day!
>> You can find documentation about installing and upgrading Hosted Engine
>> here:
>> - http://www.ovirt.org/Hosted_Engine_Howto
>> - http://www.ovirt.org/Migrate_to_Hosted_Engine
>>
>> As part of the test day, fixing/updating documentation is greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Sandro Bonazzola
>>

> Hello,
> is it ok to test installing the engine VM of SelfHostedEngine from the
> ova? Because trying to install it gives a release apparently dated 20151104
>
> Installing:
>  ovirt-engine-appliance          noarch 20151104.0-1.el7.centos
>  ovirt-3.6                1.5 G
>  ovirt-hosted-engine-setup       noarch 1.3.1.2-1.el7.centos
> ovirt-3.6-pre            266 k
>
> or is it not important because what preinstalled inside the ova is not
> correlated with the engine bits themselves that are going to be installed
> on it...?
>
> Thanks
> Gianluca

Adding Fabian.
You can use the released appliance but you'll need to manually update it.
 We have a nightly built appliance available in jenkins, waiting fabian for
releasing it with RC4 rpms included.
You can find an updated appliance here:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-appliance_ovirt-3.6_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/exported-artifacts/ovirt-engine-appliance-3.6-20151211.1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm

--