[ovirt-users] How To: Node Hosted-Engine with less then 16GB

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 10:58:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Alain Gilmor <Alain.Gilmor at geemedia.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Fabien.  I had to un-sub because I was getting too much mail.
>

> ovirt-node-iso-3.6-0.999.201511061021.el7.centos.iso
>
> ovirt-engine-appliance-20151104.0-1.el7.centos.ova  (extracted from ovirt-hosted-engine-appliance RPM as described)

Ah yes, both builds were quite old.

If you want to give it another try, I'd suggest you try out some
builds which are not older than a week, they should be working much
better.

> I would love if the Node TUI could default to a HTTP hosted OVA instead of requiring me to extract, place it on a webserver.

You mean, it should default to the i.e. jenkins url?

Our experience was that it was quite unreliable to pull ~3GB of data
from the internet, thus we recommend to download the OVA and host it
manually.

- fabian