[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] [QE] oVirt 3.6.1 Hosted Engine test day

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 19:33:03 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 8:19 PM, wodel youchi <wodel.youchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I redid a new deploy of hosted-engine setup:
> - one hypervisor 8Gb
> - NFS4 for storage: vm_engine + data + iso + export
> - hosted-engine : 2Gb
> - FC22 for both hypervior and the vm engine
> - All OS updated
> - I am using ovirt 3.6 pre + 3.6 snapshot
>
> Thanks so much in participating.

> The installation went smoothly.

+1 for Simone Sandro and Martin for that.

After adding the first Data domain, the engine tried to import the
> hosted-storage, but couldn't activate it
> I detached the hosted-storage, then I removed it, the engine re-imported
> it again, this time with success, I could activate it, and voila the VM
> engine showed up on the webui..... but
>
> the activation is a known bug, see above.

I couldn't edit the VM engine, I tried add a new nic card, when I click OK
> to submit the change :
>
> First I got the error : Cannot set single display to non Linux operating
> system.
> the VM engine OS was set to OtherOS on webui, since there no FC22 on the
> list, I selected Linux, the error disappeared, but then I got another error.
> When I try to modify the engine's properties, I get "Cannot edit Virtual
> Machine Disk, The VM is not managed by the engine"

Our intention is first to support editing cpu type and memory. Adding nicks
and disks will probably follow. What provisioning actions would you like to
see enabled on your hosted engine VM?