[ovirt-users] ovirt live + user/groups/roles management

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 23:16:27 UTC 2015

On Dec 11, 2015 03:39, "Yair Zaslavsky" <yzaslavsky at aconex.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
Hello Yair.

> I am interested in installing oVirt live , I am currently not interested
to spawn actual VMs, but rather interested to check roles/groups/users
management :

> a. Is there a built in JDBC support  for users/groups management, or do I
need to configure freeIPA/openLdap as my external provider?

oVirt live is running in memory as a live CD. Anything you do will be gone
once the machine power off. So you may want to decide if this is right for
you. To the point there's a new AAA framework which allows you to use jdbc
extension:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/AAA

> b. If I do not wish to run VMs at the moment, do I need to have nested
virtualization configured?
No. This is running in memory but not in a VM.