[ovirt-users] ovirt live + user/groups/roles management

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavsky at aconex.com
Tue Dec 15 22:35:42 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

From: "Sandro Bonazzola" <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
To: "Yair Zaslavsky" <yzaslavsky at aconex.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:48:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] ovirt live + user/groups/roles management

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Yair Zaslavsky < yzaslavsky at aconex.com > wrote:

From: "Doron Fediuck" < dfediuck at redhat.com >
To: "Yair Zaslavsky" < yzaslavsky at aconex.com >
Cc: "users" < users at ovirt.org >, "Yaniv Kaul" < ykaul at redhat.com >, "Lev Veyde" < lveyde at redhat.com >, "Sandro Bonazzola" < sbonazzo at redhat.com >
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:16:27 AM

On Dec 11, 2015 03:39, "Yair Zaslavsky" < yzaslavsky at aconex.com > wrote:

> Hi all,
Hello Yair.

> I am interested in installing oVirt live , I am currently not interested to spawn actual VMs, but rather interested to check roles/groups/users management :
>
> a. Is there a built in JDBC support for users/groups management, or do I need to configure freeIPA/openLdap as my external provider?

oVirt live is running in memory as a live CD. Anything you do will be gone once the machine power off. So you may want to decide if this is right for you. To the point there's a new AAA framework which allows you to use jdbc extension:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/AAA

> b. If I do not wish to run VMs at the moment, do I need to have nested virtualization configured?
No. This is running in memory but not in a VM.

I figured that much by now, i wanted to refresh my memory how the users/roles/groups thing works

I am perfectly well with the fact everything will be wiped out when i turn the machine off. This means that if I want to configure AAA, i should do that every time i start the machine (of course create my own live cd ).

The installation of ovirt live looks nice, good job on that, however I did encounter an error at installation , I am attaching logs

I tried to install it on a VM that i created with VirtualBox

looks like the engine wasn't yet ready when the host-deploy part started trying to connect to it.

Is this a known issue or would you like me to a file a bug?

In addition, are new RFEs accepted to ovirt-live? after the installation and thoughts about AAA I have some ideas.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com